Driving Results in OUR Community
Your donation make a difference. Everyday your gift creates positive change in Harrison and Doddridge Counties.
Dear United Way Family,
As we begin our 2022 UW Campaign journey, it is important to remember that United Way has been fighting for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in out community since 1957.
Every person in our community has been impacted by a United Way organization. Through our partnerships with nonprofits, gracious donors and volunteers, as well as community leaders like yourself, we've witnessed the transformational power of working together and have been fortunate to serve our community and to advocate for those most vulnerable. We appreciate you!
As of January 1, 2021, United Way of Harrison County is extended that fight to our neighbors in Doddridge County, officially becoming United Way of Harrison and Doddridge Counties. As has always been our pledge, every donation made to United Way of Harrison and Doddridge Counties benefits local citizens. Donations raised in Harrison, will fund organizations assisting Harrison County residents and those raised in Doddridge will benefit organizations assisting Doddridge County residents.
We are committed to continuing our work of inspiring unity and building stronger neighborhoods across Harrison and Doddridge Counties, and addressing our shared challenges. This is a step towards making our communities stronger to ensure that we are all not only survive, but we also thrive.
We are that you join us in this fight by continuing your support. Our fundraising goal this year is $730,000 in Harrison and $20,000 in Doddridge. This effort truly takes us all. We can't spell community without unity!
Thank you for all you do!
Rachel & John Wyckoff
UW Leadership Co-Chairs
THINGS YOU MAKE POSSIBLE THROUGH UNITED WAY
The Difference Your Dollar Makes
- 8 hygiene packs
- Helps 3 grandfamilies find food for their children in foster care
- Provides a child victim with food, clothing & comfort item
- Purchases flu vaccines for 3 low-income patients without primary healthcare
- Pays for 2 students to get their GED
$78 total donation per year
- 3 overnight bags with necessities for children in foster care
- 17 hot meals for home-bound seniors
- Provides 2 children with a trauma based therapy session
- Covers the cost of 3 fecal occult blood tests for early detection of colon cancer
- Supports a child in summer day camp for 1 week
$130 total donation per year
- Provides training for 5 CASA volunteers
- 34 hot meals (One Meal = 33.3% of daily nutrition)
- Provides a forensic interview for 1 child victim
- Covers the cost of 2 mammograms to detect breast cancer
- Provides over 4 months of recovery housing and services to women
$260 total donation per year
300+ children in foster care received representation & assistance though advocacy efforts
500+ children who were abused or neglected were represented & cared for
17K+ hot meals were served to homebound seniors & disabled citizens
481 families received mental health & legal support for abuse & domestic violence
10,000+ volunteer hours logged (value to the community $250,000+)
4,000 individuals received access to primary health care
United Way of Harrison & Doddridge Counties Partner Organizations